Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Image Editing & GIMP open src s/w @ Colorlabs Palo Alto - 4/11, 6:45-8:30p
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 from 6:45 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
About This Seminar/Talk
This is our second seminar/talk in our series on Open Source. This time, we have our very own Akkana Peck coming to talk to us about GIMP!
Akkana will demonstrate how to use GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Program, the premiere open-source image editing tool. Learn how to go from a mediocre digital photo to an eyecatching web banner or logo, and how to produce good looking buttons and backgrounds for your apps or websites.
We'll have a little time after the talk to gather around tables and try things, so if you want to bring a laptop with GIMP installed (plus any images you're trying to work with), we can try working on specific problems.
- GIMP Homepage (*nix instructions): http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
- GIMP Windows Installer (for latest stable version): http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
If you need some assistance with installing GIMP, here are a couple sources of online help:
- GIMP user-list: http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
- GIMP IRC channels: #gimp or #gimp-users on irc.gimp.org
- CodeChix mailing list (CodeChix members only): http://www.groupspaces.com/codechix
6:45 PM - 7:00 PM: Registration, Networking
7:00 PM - 7:10 PM: Introduction (no more than 10 minutes)
7:10 PM - 8:30 PM: Seminar/Talk, and time to try your new-found skills
About the Speaker
Akkana Peck is a freelance software developer and the author of Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional. She has worked for a diverse collection of companies writing software ranging such as HTML editors, mail programs, software installation tools, scientific visualization aids and web back-ends, as well as contributions to GIMP and other open-source software. She lives in San Jose, is a longtime member of CodeChix, and her website is http://shallowsky.com.
The Palo Alto Caltrain station is two blocks away!
Parking in Downtown Palo Alto
There's free parking on the streets, in open-air public lots and parking structures after 6pm. There are a couple parking structures close to the venue, Color Labs:
- 1 block away: 3-story structure at High St., between University Ave. and Hamilton Ave. (entrances to structure on both High St. and Alma St.)
- 1 block away: Below City Hall/Police Station on Ramona St., between Hamilton Ave. and Forest Ave.
Last updated: 4/10/2012
When & Where
CodeChix - BayArea